Apply for
VISA to India


Need information on visas?
Employment Visa

An employment visa (EV) is granted to a foreigner who wants to take up an employment in India. Employment visa will be granted only to highly skilled technicians who are not available in India.

Foreign nationals who wish to come to India for honorary work (without salary) with NGOs registered in India are granted employment visa upto one year duration.

Employment visa is also granted for execution of projects in the power and steel sectors. Period of visa is initially for a period of one year or for the actual duration of the project/contract. The visa is issued only for skilled/highly skilled persons.

Employment visa is also issued for dependents of Employment visa holders.

Employment visa is normally issued for one year and is extendable up to 5 years in India by the FRROs/ MHA. Employment visa will not be issued to foreign nationals other than Germans if their stay in Germany is less than 2 years. They will have to apply in their home country.

Registration with FRRO/FRO having jurisdiction over the place where the foreigner intends to stay is required within 14 days from the date of arrival if visa is issued for more than 180 days.

Documents Required:
  • Printout of the online application form duly signed.
  • Passport valid for a minimum of 180 days with at least two blank pages.
  • Two recent photographs (See Specifications).
  • Letter of Invitation from an Indian company on their official letter head, duly signed, clearly stating the purpose and duration for which visa is requested.
  • Copy of Employment Contract.
  • Letter of Undertaking by the Indian Company about the code of conduct of the employee.
  • Proof of registration of the company in India
  • Educational certificates qualifying for the job.
  • Fees (Visa fee, Consular surcharge, Service fee and any other applicable fee).
  • Certificate of Incorporation of the company in India.
  • The applicant must be in person during submission for biometric registration. Children below 12 years old and adult above 70 years are exempted from biometric enrollment and their applications may be submitted by a representative.
Note: Any Malaysian document must be officially translated into English.

  Design & Developed by  Logicopedia